What are the benefits of living in a Passive House? What are the risks to live in a traditional building with strong temperature fluctuations or high heating and cooling cost?
These are the main questions that will be answered. In this course, we will first look into the health and thermal comfort related to our homes. Then, we will talk about security and safety challenges we could face in homes and how we overcome them. After that, we will talk about economics and sustainability linked to building and operating our homes. Finally, we will talk about what to look out for when building or buying a home.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the basics in Passive House the benefits
- Define the health and thermal comfort requirements needed for their homes
- Understand the main threads due to potential power shortages
- Know the impact of the building industry on climate change
- Comprehend the economic benefits of the Passive House approach
- Make educated decisions on how to choose building professionals.