Experienced tradespeople know how to construct conventional buildings. But how are Passive House homes and offices different? What particular challenges – and advantages – are involved in building a Passive House structure? And how should these be addressed?
This course aims to answer these questions. Participants will first look at the essentials of installation and details implementation. We will then examine the challenges that can be faced on site and how to overcome them. Finally, we learn about assessing the performance of the building.
Upon the completion of the course, students will have carried out the following study components:
- 2.5 hours of lectures
- 0.5 hour of self-assessment
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the basic criteria and principles behind Passive House
- Know the individual components of Passive House
- Assess the impact of the building performance
- Understand the impact of common mistakes in Passive House construction
- Understand how to overcome challenges when building a Passive House dwelling
After purchase, you will have six months’ access to the course recordings.