Did you ever wonder if it is worthwhile spending the extra money to go passive?
This question has been bothering me too.
That is why I spend two months digging into data and speaking with certified Passive House builders and designers.
The findings are mind-blowing!
Simple design decisions can triple the additional Passive House costs for the same floor plan.
The additional costs are usually less than $400 per square meter floor area or 1.5-15% depending on size and design.
But what does this all mean in real life?
The maximum financial burden caused by the Passive House additional expense is just the cost of a coffee a day.
- The current situation
- What on earth is a Passive House?
- Passive House in Australia
- Passive House Economics
- Household expenditure in Australia
- The Passive House Project costs
- Project cost analysis
- Does Passive House limit design?
- Does Passive House limit building methods?
- How energy efficient is Passive House?
- What stops us from doing this in Australia?
Upon the completion of the course, students would carry out the following study components:
- 1 hour of lecture
- 0.5 hours of self-assessment
A certificate with the participant’s name, stating the duration and learning targets will be provided.
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the basics of Passive House buildings
- Define the Passive House standards economical concept
- Understand the impact of building design on energy efficiency and costs of construction projects
- Grasp the economic benefits of the Passive House approach
After purchase, you will have six months’ access to the course recordings.