Did you ever wonder if it is worthwhile spending the extra money to go passive?
This question has been bothering me too.
That is why I spend two months digging into data and speaking with certified Passive House builders and designers.
The findings are mind-blowing!
Simple design decisions can triple the additional Passive House costs for the same floor plan.
The additional costs are usually less than $400 per square meter floor area or 1.5-15% depending on size and design.
But what does this all mean in real life?
The maximum financial burden caused by the Passive House additional expense is just the cost of a coffee a day.
2. The current situation
3. What on earth is Passive House?
4. Passive House in Australia
5. Passive House Economics
6. Household expenditure in Australia
7. The Passive House Project costs
8. Project cost analysis
9. Does Passive House limit design?
10. Does Passive House limit building methods?
11. How energy efficient is Passive House?
12. What stops us from doing this in Australia?
Upon the completion of the course, students would carry out the following study components:
- 1 hour of lecture
- 0.5 hours of self-assessment
A certificate with the participant’s name, stating the duration and learning targets will be provided.
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the basics of Passive House buildings
- Define the Passive House standards economical concept
- Understand the impact of building design on energy efficiency and costs of construction projects
- Grasp the economic benefits of the Passive House approach
- 1 hour of lecture
- 0.5 hours of questions/quizzes
This course provides a detailed overview of Passive House economics and affordability for architects, building designers, engineers, consultants, thermal-performance assessors, builders, tradespeople, and homeowners seeking to construct and design buildings that are healthy, sustainable, and economical.
You will need a Mac or PC laptop with an audio and internet connection. It is highly recommended that you have a pen and paper ready to take notes.
Daniel Kress started his career in the construction sector as a carpenter employed on sites in his native Germany. He then worked in Ireland on what was then the world’s biggest modular residential project. After 10 years on the trades side of the building, Daniel completed a Master of Civil Engineering and worked as a researcher on EU sustainable building projects.
Daniel has been based in Australia since 2015, and in 2017 he founded the Smart Plus Academy. His vision is to help build a more sustainable construction sector and to promote dwellings that are comfortable and liveable while using minimal energy.
Daniel is a Certified Passive House trainer. His work at the Smart Plus Academy and other institutions has helped train more than 50 percent of the certified Passive House professionals in Australia today. Daniel’s philosophy is to “inspire and lead with passion and love” and “to contribute to society through teaching that inspires growth”.
After purchase, you will have six months’ access to the course recordings.